< TRAININGS & BOOTCAMPS />
We're looking for talented individuals who would like to thrive in a culture of learning, collaboration, and productivity.
O&B seeks to enhance the culture of learning throughout the organization through various employee programs. We bring knowledge sharing to our people using different avenues and expose them to growth opportunities.
[ CUSTOM SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS ]
Spring Boot (Java) Engineer, Mid/Senior, Work From Home
Compensation ₱50K - ₱90K + Benefits
We are hiring for mid-level to seniors in this role.
O&B is growing! There has never been a better time to be in software consulting, and never a better time to work at O&B!
O&B is a merit-based organization: we care more about what you can do than how many years experience you have.
Generally speaking, we think you will need about 2+ years experience to qualify for this position, as we need our people to have experience with several key frameworks.
The more experience you have with the following skills, the more senior your opportunity with us:
Relevant skills include:
- Spring Framework, including:
- Spring Boot (strongly preferred)
- Spring Data JPA (with knowledge of underlying JPA strongly preferred)
- Spring Cloud
- Spring Security
- Data Modeling and Normalization
- Data Schema Migration, including:
- HTML/CSS and enough JS to make you dangerous :)
- Agile Development (Scrum, XP)
Some key things we look for are:
- Test-driven development (TDD), or at least strong unit testing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of OOP.
- Strong working knowledge of databases, data modeling, JPA and SQL.
- Be conversant with OOP principles and design methods, such as encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction.
- Write clean code that is easy for others to understand.
- Be familiar with common data structures in the Collection API, and know when it is appropriate to use each one.
- Have a working knowledge of concurrent programming (locks, synchronized methods, thread-safe code).
- Be comfortable using try-with-resources, and have a good understanding of streams and buffering.
- Be competent writing SQL statements, using modern join techniques. Working knowledge of commit/rollback is highly regarded.
- Understand the basic principles of data modeling, including normalization. Ideally you can read/write ER diagrams.
- Know how to use Spring Boot starters and common application configuration properties, and ideally be able to use test slices (eg. WebMvcTest, DataJpaTest), and know how to override/exclude auto-configuration.
- Consistently write unit tests that follow FIRST principles, and ideally be a TDD practitioner. You should at least be able to write tests that start a Spring application context, and wire Spring-managed beans into tests. Extra points for knowing how to write a test with Transactional. Extra points for knowing how to use Mockito and MockBean.
- Know how to use RowMapper, ResultSetExtractor, and RowCallbackHandler with JdbcTemplate. Extra points for working knowledge of Transactional.
- Work with Maven or Gradle, including setting up project dependencies, and build from CLI.
- Handle DB schema migrations using Liquibase.
- Be comfortable working with basic containerised delivery, using Docker (both local and remote).
- Be extremely comfortable working with a Linux shell (Bash, Zsh).
Very highly regarded (though not essential, as we train our people in these skills):
- Spring Cloud
- Spring WebMVC
- Spring WebFlux
- Architectural Design Patterns (GoF, Enterprise Architecture)
- 15 days Vacation Leave (VL) per year
- 15 days Sick Leave (SL) per year
- 5 days Emergency Leave (EL) per year
- HMO (1 dependent)
- Cash conversion of unused VL (7.5 days max)
- Utility Allowance: P1,500/month
- Flu Vaccine Subsidy: P800/year
- Access to award-winning O&B University training courses: Java, Spring Boot, Agile, Enterprise Database Best Practices, Spring Cloud & Microservices, Test Automation, and more!
- Step 1: Click the Easy Apply button (you will need to upload your current CV)
- Step 2: Complete a skills self-assessment (online)... this helps us understand your current level in detail.
- Step 3: Complete an online technical test (multiple choice + some coding)... usually only takes 45-60 minutes to finish.
- Step 4: Technical Interview
- Step 5: Cultural Fit Interview
- Step 6: Job Offer!
We take pride in our reputation as the best Java engineers in the Philippines.
Join the O&B kapamilya, and surround yourself with smart, passionate developers just like you!
We can’t wait to meet you.