< TRAININGS & BOOTCAMPS />
We're looking for talented individuals who would like to thrive in a culture of learning, collaboration, and productivity.
O&B seeks to enhance the culture of learning throughout the organization through various employee programs. We bring knowledge sharing to our people using different avenues and expose them to growth opportunities.
[ CUSTOM SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS ]
Senior Scrum Master
Compensation Package up to Php 170,000
Our Scrum Masters are servant leaders, who facilitate high quality, high performance software engineering within dedicated value-delivery teams. They are experts in Scrum, Lean and general Agile principles.
Our Scrum Masters welcome change and uncertainty, using Scrum as a living framework for establishing healthy work practices and psychological safety for their team, and indeed for our customers. They champion the needs of customers and the needs of their team with equal passion.
Our Scrum Masters are emotionally intelligent, and prefer to use soft skills and soft power to continuously improve team collaboration and development practices, resulting in predictable (convergent) iteration velocity and high performance after a relatively small number of iterations. They work proactively to remove waste from the team process and inputs on a daily basis. They are self-motivated, self-organising and driven by a passionate desire to increase flow, in their teams, customers, and the wider O&B business.
Our Scrum Masters have enough experience and common sense to exercise authoritative power when immediate action is unavoidable. And they have enough self-confidence to trust their team to deliver the right value at the right time, without micromanaging.
Our Scrum Masters understand the importance of good organisation, transparency, and keeping our project management tools up-to-date, especially in the context of remote work. They strive to ensure the right people have the right knowledge at the right time. They thrive when challenged, and compassionately challenge others to become the best versions of themselves.
Our Scrum Masters are biased towards action, preferring to ask for forgiveness rather than wait for permission. They help us to fail fast, so as to maximise learning early.
Acting in O&B’s best interests is at the heart of everything they do.
- Deeply understand what is valuable to our customer(s) and work with them to clearly articulate their measures of success.
- Elicit and maintain a current schedule of customer deadlines and any other relevant key dates.
- Work closely with our customers (aka Product Owners) to ensure business expectations and release plans are closely aligned.
- Develop, publish, and update release plans/iteration plans (using our PM tools), such that our customers and team(s) have a clear vision of the future that encompasses hard business deadlines, business goals and stakeholder expectations.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with our customers, to ensure they are rarely unhappily surprised (nb. regular, happy surprise is great!).
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies, particularly Daily Standups, Iteration Planning, Retrospectives, and Demos.
- Teach and coach their team(s) as required, to achieve high conscious competence in the Scrum mindset and practices, for all team members.
- Ensure that no more than one day goes by, before roadblocks to team progress are identified. Do whatever it takes to remove roadblocks fast.
- Ensure the team’s Project Management (PM) system is up-to-date on a daily basis.
- Work diplomatically and empathetically to find positive outcomes from conflict.
- Support the Product Owner, and “manage upwards” as required.
- Act as a proxy Product Owner for their team, where necessary.
- Work closely with our Engagement Managers (EMs) to ensure positive customer relations. Escalate political and other business challenges to EMs as soon as they emerge.
- Use their best judgement to ensure that O&B’s best interests are always the highest priority.
Qualifications for Scrum Master
- Scrum certification; Certified Scrum Master (from Scrum Alliance) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with high-level software engineering teams in a Scrum Master or similar leadership role, with clearly demonstrated successful delivery of multiple projects.
- Tertiary level qualifications (Bachelor’s degree or higher), relevant to business, leadership and/or software engineering. *exceptions will be made for candidates with exceptional career experience.
- Passionate about Scrum/Lean/Agile, tempering zealotry with pragmatic wisdom.
- Superb English language fluency (spoken, written, listening, comprehension).
- Excellent oral and visual presentation skills.
- Highly (self) organised and motivated; effective time-management.
- Very good at planning for the future, embracing uncertainty as the only true constant.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates charisma; brings out the best in people.
- Demonstrates genuine concern for others’ wellbeing.
- Has high empathy for both technical and non-technical people.
- Passion for Scrum coaching.
- Enjoys mentoring junior staff.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good understanding of business.
- Good understanding of software.
- Kind and compassionate in leadership of self and others.
- Displays cheerfulness in the face of adversity.